YouTubers watch over one billion YouTube videos each day, but a mere 9% of businesses have begun a channel. With YouTube usage increasing, business opportunities will increase. This guide will help you in understanding how to create YouTube channel and how this is crucial for attracting new users as well as new clients.
We’ll talk about how to build a profitable website using YouTube for Vlogs, Podcasts, educational purposes, teaching and travel vlogging. YouTube can be very easy. It doesn’t take long to learn how to create video clips from Youtube.
YouTube is the most popular video platform in the world with over two billion active users and 82% of all online traffic. Facebook is at the top of the list of active users while YouTube is just 342 users far from Facebook sustaining its second place.
Creating a YouTube channel in 7 steps
Creating Youtube is a five-finger exercise. It’s easy to form but tough to maintain. But after taking the first step, everything begins to unlock. Let’s get to the guide now.
Sign in to your Google Account
Google is associated with YouTube. You can also say Youtube is a part of Google (owner of Youtube). How Youtube is a part of Google? YouTube uses the Google account or else it can’t work. Hence, you need to create a Google account and then set up your YouTube channel.
- As we are discussing on How to Create YouTube Channel? If you’re using a browser then write YouTube in the address bar. A site will open up. Click on YouTube and it’ll open in front of you.
- Or you can just write www.youtube.com in the address box and it will open up.
- For SmartPhones, you just need to open your built-in YouTube app.
You’d love to read about Facebook Marketplace
Linking an already-made Google Account
For making a YouTube channel, you need to sign in to your Google account. You can find the option of sign-in in the top right corner of the app or website.
- Use the Gmail account that you use most frequently for communicating if you have multiple Gmail accounts. It’ll keep you up to date with your channel without any push and pull.
- If you want to create a new Google account specifically for business or if you don’t have a Google account, then follow the guidelines given below to make an account on Google.
Creating a new Google account
When you will open Google. There will be a ‘Create account’ in the bottom left corner. Fill in all the information that’s asked like your first name, last name, date of birth, gender or contact details. If you link your google account with your number, then they will send you a notification of the verification code. You have to write that code in the verification bar given by Google.
Your Google account is all set. Make sure to give it a distinct and eye-catching name.
Creating a new YouTube channel with your Google account
The next step after setting up Gmail is creating YouTube with it.
- Go to the app’s or browser’s top right corner and click on your profile. It’ll showcase your User ID as well as your Gmail account. Both are the same.
- Creating a channel is different from creating an account. After creating an account, you need to go to settings.
- You will find the settings option in the user icon pop-up menu.
- A new menu box will open up, you would have to click on ‘Create on a new channel’. It’s just below ‘Your channel.’ (The second one under your account to be precise)
- After clicking on it, a new dialogue box will unfold in front of you which will demand you to create a channel name. (Bonus Tip; You can choose whatever name you like for your channel. But make sure that it has some uniqueness and does relate to the content you’ll be posting on your YouTube channel. You can also take up your Gmail username.
- After you create your channel name, it’ll demand verification from you via text message or voice call for authentication. After completing that, you have finalized the basic information of your channel.
The next step is customizing your channel.
Customizing the YouTube channel page
Customizing is one of the fundamental steps in creating a flourishing and professional channel.
- Open your channel dashboard.
- In the top right corner, beside ‘Manage Videos’, you’ll find ‘Customize Channel.’
- Click on ‘Customize Channel.’
- It’ll take you to the customisation page. There you can optimize your channel for your audience through various features (Branding, Layout and Basic info)
Adding basic info
On the customization page, you’ll find the basic info bar. Click on it to add basic information about your channel.
Points to notice
- Describe your channel in a few lines.
- Add what your channel is about and how it’ll help users.
- If you are associated with any industry, website or promotion of products; do mention all that there.
- Use the target words while writing the description so people could easily find your channel.
- Also, don’t forget to add links to your social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) and websites.
Upgrading bringing elements
The branding elements page is also available on the customization page. There, you’ll find a place to add a profile picture, banner image and watermark for your videos.
Profile picture represents your channel. It could be your picture, a graphic design, some symbol or a logo. Choose what suits you best. You can create it on your own as well as find a professional to make a logo or graphic design for your channel. You can find freelance designers on multiple platforms online (Fiverr, Guru, Upwork) and hire the one who seems ideal to your demands.
It’s displayed under your video as well.
Size of the picture
98 x 98 pixels
The banner image is similar to the Facebook background cover. It’s a large rectangular image that pops up on the top of your channel if someone opens it. You can convey the theme of your channel or any other message to your audience generally. It’s very essential to make the banner image extraordinary to garner the attention of the audience. You can use various tools to create a perfect banner like Adobe Express, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Figma or Photoshop.
Size of the banner and file size
2560 x 1142 pixels; 6MB or smaller
The watermark appears in each of your videos at the right bottom. It represents the authentication rights of your videos.
Size of the watermark
150 x 150 pixels
Advanced layout settings
Click the layout tab on the customization page to establish your spotlight features. Here you can regulate how your channel will appear to others and you can organize the content as well by using featured sections.
Upload your first video
Upload your first video after recording and editing it. Follow these steps promptly to upload your video.
- Click on the create button in the top right corner of the Youtube page.
- Select the video you want to post.
- Give it an appropriate and incomparable title.
- Make your title clear, concise and compelling.
- Use questions or numeric figures in your title to make it more appealing.
- Add a description to your video of about 1000 characters.
- Don’t focus too much on the description part as your video is your asset. But don’t leave it at God’s mercy as well.
- YouTube presents the first two to three lines of your description. Make it flowery, strong and compelling.
- Use tags related to the subject matter of your video and channel. Don’t always go for popular tags, it might get you some views but it could also prove to be dead for your channel as Google can penalize your account.
- Use target tags related to your videos so they could help you in growing steadily.
- Lastly, choose the category in which your video falls and publish the video.
Tips for Optimizing and growing your YouTube channel
Optimizing your YouTube channel is the gateway to the success of your YouTube channel. There are many ways to win subscribers. Some of the best tips are given below.
Targeting right keywords
In your description, video titles and profile; add keywords related to your content. As you know, there is limited text on YouTube. Some people tend to ignore it but it’s a key figure in thriving your channel.
Firstly you have to know which is the right keyword for you. There are many tools available to check that (you can use Keyword Tool) and then evaluate its competition through another tool (like TubeBuddy).
Optimizing your profile
Your profile should be well-bred. Use targeted keywords in it at different places like your channel name and in the ‘About Us’ section. It’ll boost your reach.
Spend a little time creating thumbnails as most of the audience reads thumbnails before watching a video. Make it to the point and catchy. Also, use various fonts, bold text overlays, contrasting colours, effects and illustrations.
Title of the video
The title isn’t of any less significance than thumbnails. As they’re read after a user views your video’s cover picture. It’s essential to make it compelling and tell the user why he needs to watch this video. Make sure to add value to your title.
Best time for posting videos
There’s no certified time that could garner you millions or thousands of views just after posting as YouTube is a global platform. In the beginning, you could experiment with timings. Post videos at different times and observe their analytics.
You can also use Federator’s Network data suggestions to learn the best time for YouTube video posting. It’s said that Thursday and Friday are the best for video posting after 3 pm.
Collaborate with other channels
Collaboration with other channels is quite beneficial and the easiest way to reach a nice fraction of subscribers. As you’re using double channels, generating double growth. Rather than solos, people love to see YouTubers collabing with each other.
Consistency and Schedule for Video posting
Last about How to Create YouTube Channel? For keeping a consistent pace of your channel development. You can’t get bored. Set up a plan for a month or week on Trello and follow it closely as consistency is the key to success. Don’t get pessimistic and keep posting on your YouTube channel. One day, you’re also going to make it big on Youtube.
Hope this helps you in understanding how YouTube works and how to create Youtube channel easily. Follow the above-given steps closely to have a steadily growing channel.
Visit this site for more information on How to Create YouTube Channel.